Friday, July 5, 2013

Checking in - 3 plays read

Here is an updated version of my schedule:

Schedule
1. The Two Gentlemen of Verona  READ
2. The Merry Wives of Windsor  READ
3. As You Like It  READ
4. Alls Well That Ends Well
5. The Winter's Tale
6. Pericles, Prince of Tyre
7. The Two Noble Kinsmen
8. King John
9. Henry VIII
10. Troilus and Cressida
11. Coriolanus
12. Timon of Athens
13. Antony and Cleopatra
14. Cymbeline

I'm surprised that I've read this much and pleased. I've had good momentum on the bus to work each morning.

What I've seen so far from these 3 comedies is a lot of humor, sort of silly conflicts, and complete resolution, like a Hollywood movie, at the end of the plays. All three of them might have ended in a group wedding.

I'm enjoying reading the comedies in a row, and as I move through the next four I'll be looking for more similarities between the genres.

I scanned over a few of my previous posts. I know this is online and is a blog but I'm sure it won't be too helpful to anyone but myself, but for me it is serving as a good guide.

On to Alls Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment